Most of us have pleasant feelings about the 4th of July. Not only is it a celebration of our country’s independence, but a chance for a long weekend filled with cookouts, friends and family, and fireworks. Our pets may not share the same excitement for this holiday, though.
The tree. While so beautiful, trees can be potentially dangerous for our pets. The pine needles can be very sharp and cause irritation to the GI tract or even worse could get stuck in the intestines (an obstruction) requiring surgery. The stagnant tree water can be a source of bacteria that can also cause vomiting and diarrhea or other infections. Anchor your tree well. Christmas trees can be very inviting for our pets to explore.